Re: Missing timeline history file after execution of pg_upgrade

От
Тема Re: Missing timeline history file after execution of pg_upgrade
Дата
Re: Missing timeline history file after execution of pg_upgrade  (Alexey Klyukin <alexk@hintbits.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
On 06.12.2014, bruce@momjian.us wrote:
> You need to create new standbys after the upgrade --- pg_upgrade does not retain the WAL files from the previous
cluster,as the format might have changed.

I created a new standby (pg_start_backup(), rsync, ...) after the execution of pg_upgrade on the master. On the master
isthe timeline history missing and i get the following error message when I try to set up a streaming client:
... :  could not receive timeline history file from the primary server: ERROR:  could not open file
"pg_xlog/00000002.history":No such file or directory

Short test description (Postgres-Version 9.3.4)
--------------------------------------
- Do a recovering on the Master (new timeline is created)
- Execute pg_upgrade on the Master (timeline informations are missing)
- Try to setup a new streaming client on the master
- Error occurs: ... :  could not receive timeline history file from the primary server: ERROR:  could not open file
"pg_xlog/00000002.history":No such file or directory

A longer description can be found in the mail from 11.10.2014.

How do I get streaming replication working again?

My current workaround is to restore the master with the help of pg_restore, after updating the database server version.
Ittakes quite a long time, however, and is therefore a problem.

Thanks in advance
Christian

________________________________
manroland web systems GmbH -- Managing Director: Joern Gosse
Registered Office: Augsburg -- Trade Register: AG Augsburg -- HRB-No.: 26816 -- VAT: DE281389840

Confidentiality note:
This eMail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entityto whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or
disseminationof this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this eMail in error, then please delete
thiseMail.

! Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this eMail !

От: David G Johnston
Сообщение: Re: SQL-Server can not be staretd
От: Naresh Soni
Сообщение: Hi Community