Re: SQL-Server can not be staretd

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: SQL-Server can not be staretd
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Josef Springer wrote
>     Hello everybody,
>
>     the server can not be started in the system-services GUI. The result
>     of the starting request is
>     "Fehler 1053 Der Dienst antwortet nicht auf die Start oder
>     Steueranweisung"
>
>     This problem is since my harddisk was reorganized because of a
>     corrupt sector.
>
>       May be some files are now missing.
>       I am using Windows-Vista, PostgeSQL 8.2.
>       Reinstalling 8.2 with repair option does not fix the problem.
>         Starting postgresql-8.2.msi displays the problem "LIBEAY32.DLL
>         konnte nicht geladen werden: 193. Das Installationsprogramm kann
>         nicht auf eine passende bereits installierte OpenSLL.Version
>         prüfen"
>       Ping to 127.0.0.1 works.
>       I am using a default postgresql.cnf. with
>         listen_addresses = '*', port = 5432.
>

>     If i must uninstall PostgreSQL, how can in keep my existing
>     databases ?

Backups

>     Can anybody help me ?

You may want to try a different mailing list (like -general) since your
first request here went without response.

That said, I would suggest you look for commercial support options since
there are number of factors that make getting free help on these lists
somewhat less likely.

You are using an ancient and unsupported release on an operating system that
is likewise problematic.

You are not running an English-language installation.

You are known to have suffered a hardware problem which means there may be
no recourse except backups.

David J.