Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Oracle buys Innobase

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Oracle buys Innobase
Дата
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Oracle buys Innobase  (Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com>)
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Oracle buys Innobase  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Would you want varchar(30) 'Dann Corbit' to compare equal to bpchar(30)
'Dann Corbit'?

I would.

If both are considered character types by the language, then they must
compare that way.

Perhaps there are some nuances that I am not aware of.  But that is how
things ought to behave, if I were king of the forest.

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Oracle buys Innobase
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Oracle buys Innobase