Re: Nearing final release?

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: Nearing final release?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
It seems most logical to me to break the fundamental operations into:
1.  Prepare to create the compiled query plan
2.  Describe to bind the query input/output parameters
3.  Execute to produce a result set

Or equivalent functionality.  Then, you can bind all three parts into
one operation if you want to, or you can execute the tasks separately.

The notion of a flag to tell whether to return a result set or not has a
smell of kludge to me.

On the other hand, if getting something working in a hurry is the main
purpose, then a flag might be the best way to go, and it could be more
carefully refactored later.