Nearing final release?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Nearing final release?
Дата
Re: Nearing final release?  (Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I think we are getting closer to a final release.  I haven't seen many
_major_ failures in a few weeks, and the open items list is shrinking. I
would like us to make a concentrated effort to address or fix all the
open items by November 1 and consider a final 8.0 release during November.

                              PostgreSQL 8.0 Open Items                              =========================

Current version at http://candle.pha.pa.us/cgi-bin/pgopenitems.

Changes
-------
* Win32o fix query cancel in psql (?)o fix shared memory on Win2k terminal servero fix MSVC build to export SSL
symbolsoSIG_DFL handlingo Handle "lost signals" on backend startup (eg. shutdown,   config file changes, etc)

* Tablespaceo fix ambiguity for objects using default tablespaceso fix case where template db already uses target
tablespaceofix error message when creating objects in schema that has a  dropped tablespace as its defaulto remove
non-portableTABLESPACE clause from CREATE TABLE using  a SET or ALTER command

* allow libpq to check parameterized data types
* adjust bgwriter defaults, allow disabling
* synchonize supported encodings and docs

Completed Since Previoius Beta
* cleanup FRONTEND use in /port, malloc, elog
* update encoding list to include win1250
* make pgxs install by default
* Win32o disable readline-required psql optionso fix SSL compileso add binary version stampso fix signal-safe socket
handlerfor SSLo start pg_autovacuum easilyo remove log timezone string from log_line_prefix '%t'o fix MinGW libpq to
exportonly required symbols

Pennsylvania19073