Re: Yet another fast GiST build

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: Yet another fast GiST build
Дата
Re: Yet another fast GiST build  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi>)
Список pgsql-hackers

> 7 окт. 2020 г., в 17:38, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> написал(а):
>
> On 07/10/2020 15:27, Andrey Borodin wrote:
>> Here's draft patch with implementation of sortsupport for ints and floats.
>
>> +static int
>> +gbt_int4_cmp(Datum a, Datum b, SortSupport ssup)
>> +{
>> +    int32KEY   *ia = (int32KEY *) DatumGetPointer(a);
>> +    int32KEY   *ib = (int32KEY *) DatumGetPointer(b);
>> +
>> +    if (ia->lower == ib->lower)
>> +    {
>> +        if (ia->upper == ib->upper)
>> +            return 0;
>> +
>> +        return (ia->upper > ib->upper) ? 1 : -1;
>> +    }
>> +
>> +    return (ia->lower > ib->lower) ? 1 : -1;
>> +}
>
> We're only dealing with leaf items during index build, so the 'upper' and 'lower' should always be equal here, right?
Maybeadd a comment and an assertion on that.

> (It's pretty sad that the on-disk representation is identical for leaf and internal items, because that wastes a lot
ofdisk space, but that's way out of scope for this patch.)

Thanks, I've added assert() where is was easy to test equalty.

PFA patch with all types.

I had a plan to implement and test one type each day. I did not quite understood how rich our type system is.

Thanks!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

Вложения

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: CREATE TABLE .. PARTITION OF fails to preserve tgenabled for inherited row triggers
От: Rémi Lapeyre
Сообщение: Re: Add header support to text format and matching feature