Re: Mysql to postgres

От Theo Galanakis
Тема Re: Mysql to postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Thankyou all for your feedback. Unfortunately, I think I may have to go down the lower() road of changing the code.

It will be far more time consuming, however there are other columns that are char,varchar,text etc.

Will definitely keep the citext contribution in mind for another time.

Theo

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim C. Nasby [mailto:decibel@decibel.org]
Sent: Tuesday, 12 April 2005 4:57 AM
To: Tom Lane
Cc: Theo Galanakis; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Mysql to postgres

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 03:02:01AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I think you could probably also do it by building a locale whose
> comparisons are case-insensitive, but I don't know enough about
> locales to be sure.

FWIW, this is how old versions of Sybase handled case insensitivity. Pretty much every other database I've worked on though, you want to go the lower()/lcase() route.

citext is interesting; I'll have to look into that for stats.distributed.net. Another example of how incredibly extensible PostgreSQL is.

--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant               decibel@decibel.org

This email, including attachments, is intended only for the addressee
and may be confidential, privileged and subject to copyright. If you
have received this email in error, please advise the sender and delete
it. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not
use, copy or disclose its content to anyone. You must not copy or
communicate to others content that is confidential or subject to
copyright, unless you have the consent of the content owner.