Log File Maintainance

От Inpreet Singh
Тема Log File Maintainance
Дата
Re: Log File Maintainance  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I am working on live server where we have installed postgres database as our back end. But now the problem is due to continues work on postgres, size of log files has become problem for us. And the partition where our postgres exists is full. Postmaster is not working now. I tried to rotate log file by adding lines in postgresql.conf
syslog = 2                      # range 0-2
syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
syslog_ident = 'postgres'
********************************
But it doesn't working. Is there anything else I had to due in this respect. I think I am missing some point.

Also I had written rotate script and save it at location :/etc/logrotate.d
/usr/local/pgsql/data/serverlog
{
        weekly
        notifempty
        rotate 2
        create
        /bin/kill -HUP `cat /usr/local/pgsql/data/postmaster.pid 2> /dev/null` 2> /dev/null || true
        endscript
}
But when I am executing following command it is flagging error
[root@iemstesting logrotate.d]# logrotate -f -v postgres
reading config file postgres
reading config info for /usr/local/pgsql/data/logfile

error: postgres:6 unexpected log filename

Please guide me thru...............
Inpreet Singh