Monitoring error messages

От
Тема Monitoring error messages
Дата
Re: Monitoring error messages  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-admin

I am testing the monitoring of the postgresql 8.1.4 - I have found that I would like to suppress some things from the log

For example if I type some random rubbish into the database instead of select…. I get an error message logged into the server logfile like:-

2006-08-17 14:19:00.965 BST 10109 # ERROR:  syntax error at or near "kshdfkjh" at character 1
2006-08-17 14:19:00.965 BST 10109 # STATEMENT:  kshdfkjh;

More importantly I have deleted a file from the database tables and when I try to query data in the file I get the error:-

2006-08-17 14:14:30.922 BST 10085 # ERROR:  could not open relation 1663/16384/16385: No such file or directory
2006-08-17 14:14:30.922 BST 10085 # STATEMENT:  select * from rs_vacuum;

These are both logged as ERROR: which is easy to check for with automatic monitoring. However I wouldn't want to be called out to fix a non-existent error where someone has typed in some nonsense. Is it easy to suppress the syntax errors so that the real database errors are obvious?

Regards

Robin Smith

British Telecommunications plc     Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ

Registered in England no. 1800000

This electronic message contains information from British Telecommunications plc which may be privileged and confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or e-mail (to the number or address above) immediately.