Re: Monitoring error messages

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Monitoring error messages
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
robin.c.smith@bt.com wrote:
> These are both logged as ERROR: which is easy to check for with
> automatic monitoring. However I wouldn't want to be called out to fix
> a non-existent error where someone has typed in some nonsense. Is it
> easy to suppress the syntax errors so that the real database errors
> are obvious?

I think the short answer is "No", unless you do your own
post-processing.  But note that syntax errors may also point to
mistakes in your application code.

If you want to filter out randomness that occurs during interactive
sessions, I'd rather attack the problem there.  You could, for example,
alter the logging settings in your .psqlrc file.

--
Peter Eisentraut