Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017

От Brad DeJong
Тема Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On January 27, 2017 07:08, Tom Lane wrote:
> ... The things I think are unique to the currency situation are: ...

Add the potential for regulatory requirements to change at any time - sort of like timezone information. So no hard
codedbehavior.   rounding method/accuracy   storage precision different than display precision   conversion method
(multiply,divide, triangulate, other)   use of spot rates (multiple rate sources) rather than/in addition to
time-varyingrates

responding to the overall idea of a currency type

Numeric values with units so that you get a warning/error when you mix different units in calculations? Ability to
specifyrounding methods and intermediate precisions for calculations?
+1 Good ideas with lots of potential applications.

Built-in currency type?
-1 I suspect this is one of those things that seems like a good idea but really isn't.