Re: [HACKERS] pg_background contrib module proposal

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_background contrib module proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/19/17 12:47 PM, Andrey Borodin wrote:
> 4. There is some controversy on where implemented feature shall be: in separate extension (as in this patch), in
db_link,in some PL API, in FDW or somewhere else. I think that new extension is an appropriate place for the feature.
ButI’m not certain.

I suppose we should decide first whether we want pg_background as a
separate extension or rather pursue extending dblink as proposed elsewhere.

I don't know if pg_background allows any use case that dblink can't
handle (yet).

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pg_ls_dir & friends still have a hard-coded superuser check
От: Brad DeJong
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017