Re: [HACKERS] pg_background contrib module proposal

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_background contrib module proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Spec compliant:           tested, passed
Documentation:            tested, failed

I’ll summarize here my thoughts as a reviewer on the current state of the pg_background:
1. Current version of a code [1] is fine, from my point of view. I have no suggestions on improving it. There is no
documentation,but code is commented.

2. Patch is dependent on background sessions from the same commitfest.
3. There can exist more features, but for v1 there is surely enough features.
4. There is some controversy on where implemented feature shall be: in separate extension (as in this patch), in
db_link,in some PL API, in FDW or somewhere else. I think that new extension is an appropriate place for the feature.
ButI’m not certain.

Summarizing these points, appropriate statuses of the patch are ‘Ready for committer’ or ‘Rejected’. Between these two
Ichoose ‘Ready for committer’, I think patch is committable (after bg sessions).

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

The new status of this patch is: Ready for Committer