Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/27/17 8:17 AM, Brad DeJong wrote:
> Add the potential for regulatory requirements to change at any time - sort of like timezone information. So no hard
codedbehavior.

Well, I wish we had support for storing those changing requirements as
well. If we had that it would greatly simplify having a timestamp type
that stores the original timezone.

BTW, time itself fits in the multi-unit pattern, since months don't have
a fixed conversion to days (and technically seconds don't have a fixed
conversion to anything thanks to leap seconds).
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)