Re: [HACKERS] pg_hba_file_settings view patch

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_hba_file_settings view patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 5:47 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> writes:
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 1:36 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> It might make sense to proceed by writing a separate patch that just
>> refactors the existing code to have an API like that, and then revise
>> this patch to add an error message field to the per-line struct.  Or
>> maybe that's just extra work, not sure.

> Here I attached tokenize_file refactor patch to return single linked list
> that contains a structure and rebased pg_hba_rules patch on top it
> by adding an error message to that structure to hold the errors occurred
> during tokenization..

I pushed the first patch with some revisions.  You had the TokenizedLine
struct containing something that was still a three-level-nesting list,
whereas it only needs to be two levels, and you hadn't updated any of
the comments that the patch falsified.  Also, I figured we might as well
pass the TokenizedLine struct as-is to parse_hba_line and
parse_ident_line, because that was going to be the next step anyway
so they could pass back error messages.

sorry for missing to update comments. I also thought of reducing the list
level after sending the patch.

Off to look at the second patch ...

Used TokenizeLine->err_msg variable only to return the error message
from parse_hba_line.

Attached a rebased patch on the latest master hopefully.

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia
Вложения