Hard max_stack_depth / WIN32_STACK_RLIMIT PostgreSQL Windows Query

От Paul Turton
Тема Hard max_stack_depth / WIN32_STACK_RLIMIT PostgreSQL Windows Query
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi all,

I am on a bit of fact-finding mission for a problem we are hitting with PostgreSQL on Windows.

I am unable to start PostgreSQL on windows if I have the max_stack_depth limit greater than 3584kB

DETAIL: “max_stack_depth” must not exceed 3584kB.

Looking at the source code it appears that the maximum stack limit is hard coded as 4194304 bytes for Windows builds. My query is why this number was picked? Is it to do with the maximum size the Windows Kernel will allow? Could I just increase the number and re-compile, or would that break other things?

Paul