Re: Hard max_stack_depth / WIN32_STACK_RLIMIT PostgreSQL Windows Query

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Hard max_stack_depth / WIN32_STACK_RLIMIT PostgreSQL Windows Query
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Paul Turton <no-2@uber-force.co.uk> writes:
> Looking at the source code it appears that the maximum stack limit is hard coded as 4194304 bytes for Windows builds.
Myquery is why this number was picked? Is it to do with the maximum size the Windows Kernel will allow? Could I just
increasethe number and re-compile, or would that break other things?

A bit of "git blame" archaeology says that that traces back to

commit bf7737a938827608ce79586efe55c642c1a4a7d3
Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Date:   Wed Jan 26 21:55:26 2005 +0000

    On Windows, set the postmaster executable's stack size to 4MB, so that
    it agrees with the default value of max_stack_depth.

So yeah, you could probably increase it in a custom build.  However,
I question a bit why you think you need to.  IME hardly anyone ever
fools with max_stack_depth, on any platform.

От: Paul Turton
Сообщение: Hard max_stack_depth / WIN32_STACK_RLIMIT PostgreSQL Windows Query
От: Justin Clift
Сообщение: Re: Filled Postgres server as Docker image