Re: problems installing postgresql 8.0 on Mac OS

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: problems installing postgresql 8.0 on Mac OS
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Jun 11, 2007, at 9:00 PM, jbar@es.co.nz wrote:

> Thanks again! You're quite right, I didn't think to look in
> /Library, but there it
> is! However, when I try that command of yours, I get a
> password query, but it
> doesn't accept my password. How do I find out the correct
> password for
> super-user? My account is admin, & I earlier created a
> postgres administrator
> account (because I was told that a postgres user already
> existed, even though
> it doesn't show up in the accounts. I tried running your
> command but
> preceded by sudo instead, but terminal said I had illegal
> option -m.

I think the easiest approach to get you started is to download and
install the startup item. Then reboot your computer. You won't need
to know the postgres user password to start the server and it will be
started automatically when your computer starts.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?
group_id=133151&package_id=147282

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/