Sequence update function?

От Uwe C. Schroeder
Тема Sequence update function?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

just thought I ask before I start doing it myself: Has anyone ever written a
stored procedure (or any other means) of syncing the sequence to the max #
key in the corresponding tables?

I'm running a simple script to update table contents between dev and
production system, however the script is flawed in the way that it copied the
primary key along (it's a simple pg_dump|pg-restore shellscript). It works
fine because all rows that are already there just fail for PK violation.
In the end I'm ending up with sequences out of sync. So i though a simple
little helper that loops over the sequences (information schema), grabs the
according table, does a max(key) on the table and sets the sequence to that
will do nicely.
Anyone written something like that?

Thanks

    UC

--
Open Source Solutions 4U, LLC    1618 Kelly St
Phone:  +1 707 568 3056        Santa Rosa, CA 95401

Сообщение: Re: problems installing postgresql 8.0 on Mac OS
Сообщение: Re: problems installing postgresql 8.0 on Mac OS