Estimate the size of the SQL file generated by pg_dump utility

От Ravindran G-TLS,Chennai.
Тема Estimate the size of the SQL file generated by pg_dump utility
Дата
Re: Estimate the size of the SQL file generated by pg_dump utility  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-performance

Dear All,

I have to take backup of a database as a SQL file using the pg_dump utility and I have to check the disk space

before taking the backup. Hence I need to estimate the size of the pg_dump output.

The size given by pg_database_size procedure and the size of file generated by pg_dump

vary to a large extent. Kindly let me know how to estimate the size of the file that pg_dump generates.

Note: Please bear with us for the disclaimer because it is automated in the exchange server.

Regards,

Ravi

DISCLAIMER: