Re: Estimate the size of the SQL file generated by pg_dump utility

От: A. Kretschmer
Тема: Re: Estimate the size of the SQL file generated by pg_dump utility
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Estimate the size of the SQL file generated by pg_dump utility  ("Ravindran G-TLS,Chennai.", )
 Re: Estimate the size of the SQL file generated by pg_dump utility  ("A. Kretschmer", )
 Re: Estimate the size of the SQL file generated by pg_dump utility  (Bruce Momjian, )
  Re: Estimate the size of the SQL file generated by pg_dump utility  (Bricklen Anderson, )
   Re: Estimate the size of the SQL file generated by pg_dump utility  (Bruce Momjian, )
    Re: Estimate the size of the SQL file generated by pg_dump utility  (Bill Moran, )
     Re: Estimate the size of the SQL file generated by pg_dump utility  ("Craig A. James", )
      Re: Estimate the size of the SQL file generated by pg_dump utility  ("Claus Guttesen", )
      Re: Estimate the size of the SQL file generated by pg_dump utility  (Tom Lane, )
       Re: Estimate the size of the SQL file generated by pg_dump utility  (Richard Troy, )

am  Mon, dem 05.03.2007, um 20:25:21 +0530 mailte Ravindran G-TLS,Chennai. folgendes:
> Dear All,
>
> I have to take backup of a database as a SQL file using the pg_dump utility and
> I have to check the disk space
>
> before taking the backup. Hence I need to estimate the size of the pg_dump
> output.

You can take a empty backup by pipe the output to wc -c. Is this a
solution for you? You can see the result size in bytes.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer