Re: Estimate the size of the SQL file generated by pg_dump utility

От A. Kretschmer
Тема Re: Estimate the size of the SQL file generated by pg_dump utility
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
am  Mon, dem 05.03.2007, um 20:25:21 +0530 mailte Ravindran G-TLS,Chennai. folgendes:
> Dear All,
>
> I have to take backup of a database as a SQL file using the pg_dump utility and
> I have to check the disk space
>
> before taking the backup. Hence I need to estimate the size of the pg_dump
> output.

You can take a empty backup by pipe the output to wc -c. Is this a
solution for you? You can see the result size in bytes.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer