Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 7:05 AM, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
By looking at the results with scale factor 1000 and 100 i don't see any reason why it will regress with scale factor 300.

So I will run the test again with scale factor 300 and this time i am planning to run 2 cases.
1. when data fits in shared buffer
2. when data doesn't fit in shared buffer.

I have run the test again with 300 S.F and found no regression, in fact there is improvement with the patch like we saw with 1000 scale factor.

Shared Buffer= 8GB
max_connections=150
Scale Factor=300

./pgbench  -j$ -c$ -T300 -M prepared -S postgres

Client    Base    Patch
1    19744    19382
8    125923    126395
32    313931    333351
64    387339    496830
128    306412    350610

Shared Buffer= 512MB
max_connections=150
Scale Factor=300

./pgbench  -j$ -c$ -T300 -M prepared -S postgres

Client    Base    Patch
1    17169    16454
8    108547    105559
32    241619    262818