Re: pg_dump doesn't dump new objects created in schemas from extensions

От Martín Marqués
Тема Re: pg_dump doesn't dump new objects created in schemas from extensions
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Michael,

> On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 4:27 AM, Martín Marqués <martin@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, couldn't find a committed patch to fix this. Did I miss it in the
>> pile of logs?
>
> No, it seems that everybody was waiting for you here, and least that's my case.

Yeah, I thought so, but wanted to be sure before spending time on this.

>> Was drifted away but can make some time now to add a proper test for
>> this and a fix around Tom's thoughts.
>
> Yes, that would be nice. And some necessary tests can be added at
> least on HEAD, see for example f9e439b1.

I actually started with the tests, as it makes it easier to know if
the changes don't break anything. ;)

Yesterday I was investigating (for the first time) how TPA is
implemented in postgres (I actually focused on the pg_dump test in the
modules folder) and added a schema with a table in to the dummy
extension we use for testing in
src/test/modules/test_pg_dump/test_pg_dump--1.0.sql.

I'll have a look at that commit and see if I can the test's in a patch
and from there apply the suggestion from Tom.

regards,

--
Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/