Bug fetching Timestamps in JDBC driver 9.4.1209

От Dumitru Boldureanu
Тема Bug fetching Timestamps in JDBC driver 9.4.1209
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
We noticed, what seems to be a bug in JDBC driver 9.4.1209.

The bug was detected in an application that is testing database migration s=
cripts. The application is comparing through JDBC the data before and after=
 the execution of the migration scripts.
=20
We noticed that for timestamp columns we were getting changes, which do not=
 actually exist.
And these changes are not static, the records and tables in which we get th=
em are random.

We=E2=80=99ve fought a lot with this issue, checked for unclosed connection=
s, results sets, etc.
The solution was to replace the JDBC driver 9.4.1209 with 9.4-1201, and the=
 random timestamps values disappeared.=20
=20
Noticed in the release of 9.4.1209, mentioned: * Performance optimization f=
or timestamps (~TimeZone.getDefault optimization)
Maybe it added a bug? Tried to google and found no one complaining on this =
issue.
=20
Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Gr=C3=BC=C3=9Fen / Met vriendelijke groeten=
 / Cu respect / =E9=A1=BA=E7=A5=9D=E5=95=86=E7=A5=BA,
Dumitru Boldureanu=