Re: pg_dump doesn't dump new objects created in schemas from extensions

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_dump doesn't dump new objects created in schemas from extensions
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 4:27 AM, Mart=C3=ADn Marqu=C3=A9s <martin@2ndquadra=
nt.com> wrote:
> El 22/06/16 a las 14:21, Tom Lane escribi=C3=B3:
>>
>>> Looking into older versions as well I can't see how placing
>>> checkExtensionMembership at the end of selectDumpableNamespace would
>>> help. (like-wise for other selectDumpable's)
>>
>> The fix in HEAD will necessarily look quite a bit different from
>> the back branches, I fear.  But the idea I had in mind there was that
>> we'd calculate a namespace's dump and dump_contains flags as if it
>> were not an extension member, and then allow checkExtensionMembership
>> to overwrite the dump flags if it is a member.  Since
>> checkExtensionMembership doesn't touch the dump_contains flags, that
>> would leave all the flags in the desired state.

> Hi, couldn't find a committed patch to fix this. Did I miss it in the
> pile of logs?

No, it seems that everybody was waiting for you here, and least that's my c=
ase.

> Was drifted away but can make some time now to add a proper test for
> this and a fix around Tom's thoughts.

Yes, that would be nice. And some necessary tests can be added at
least on HEAD, see for example f9e439b1.
--=20
Michael