Re: [JDBC] Reading and writing off-heap data

От Tom Dunstan
Тема Re: [JDBC] Reading and writing off-heap data
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
(Sorry, re-sending from address that is subscribed to the list)

On 22 September 2017 at 01:35, Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:
>I've submitted a PR [3] that introduces a Tuple class as a wrapper to pass around, which then allows us to do more interesting things with the data.

I wonder how would you wire things since "new Tuple" is created before "new ResultSet", so it would be not that trivial to call user code (enable user to read bytes off the wire) from there.

Code affecting where incoming data goes would have to be registered with the statement object or similar before execution.

Cheers

Tom