Re: [JDBC] Reading and writing off-heap data

От Tom Dunstan
Тема Re: [JDBC] Reading and writing off-heap data
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
(Sorry, re-sending from address that is subscribed to the list)

On 22 September 2017 at 01:01, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:

Is there general support for the feature? I'm again happy to code up a PR and have time allocated to do that fairly soon if there's likelihood of it being merged.

I would think so , however as noted on the PR I'd like to see some timing of the Tuple code. I don't expect it would be heinous but one never knows.

Currently it's a very thin wrapper around the array and construction in most places is still just filling that array and the constructing the wrapper once that's done, so I do expect almost zero change. I'll try to quantify it though. Do we have any existing test for these sorts of things? If not I'll just generate a bunch of data and pull it through - seems easy enough.

Thanks

Tom