Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [Design update] Style guide for pgAdmin4

От Shirley Wang
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [Design update] Style guide for pgAdmin4
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hello!

Update on alerts
Here are mockups of error and update alert styles, as modeled by bootstrap.

Success messages appear
- after running a query
- adding a database (database connected)

Error messages appear
- after running query
- missing info in dialogs

Let me know if I'm missing any areas that have different styling.

Running a query
success-query.png
error-query.png
I've added rounded corners - it doesn't seem like there are any other areas where sharp corners are used so I think these should be round.

Dialog messages
database-error.png
connectserver-error.png

A note about 'connect to server' message. Currently the error appears above where you enter a password. I think all messages should live at the bottom of the dialog, above the buttons.
(below is current error message)
Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 10.30.57 AM.png

Update on tools
I played around with Lucidcharts and it seems like the only units available for drawing out shapes are inches or centimeters, neither of which is particularly useful for specifying sizes of buttons, menus etc.

I found Figma, which is a fairly feature robust web app, similar to Sketch and designed for collaboration (it's also free!). Other pros:
- saved asset library for projects (perfect for mocking up future pgAdmin screens w/o the need to recreate assets)
- version control
- link for public access
- generates some CSS from the image

Let me know what you think.

Shirley
Вложения

Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Fixed RM #2315 : Sorting bysize is broken
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Fixed RM #2315 : Sorting bysize is broken