pg_upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 takes a really long time (compared to previous versions)?

От Lonni J Friedman
Тема pg_upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 takes a really long time (compared to previous versions)?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Greetings,
I'm in the process of planning for a production upgrade from 9.1.6 to
9.2.x (all Linux-x86-64).  In my staging environment (which has the
same versions), I kicked off pg_upgrade about 5 hours ago, and its
still not done.  It is making progress, so I don't think anything has
gone wrong, beyond it taking much longer than anticipated.

When I used pg_upgrade to go from 9.0.x to 9.1.x, it finished in just
under an hour.  There is admittedly about three times as much data (in
terms of disk usage) now than when I upgraded from 9.0.x.  Would that
explain the increased time needed to do the upgrade?  Or is there
something about the upgrade to 9.2.x that requires a lot more time?

I'm trying to understand if what I'm seeing is expected, normal
behavior, or if something might not be right.

thanks