Re: Streaming Replication (Master Delta Sync)

От Lonni J Friedman
Тема Re: Streaming Replication (Master Delta Sync)
Дата
Re: Streaming Replication (Master Delta Sync)
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Parkirat Bagga <parkiratbagga@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Netllama for the reply.
>
> Does rsysc sync's the partial logs as well. As I would be doing the rsync
> from old master to new master (when the old master recovers), there might be
> some partial logs present in the old master?

I don't think that's how WAL works.  The log is either complete, or it
doesn't exist.  Anyway, rsync will sync whatever exists when invoked.
I'm sure that its got some crazy options to exclude files based on
certain criteria if you wanted to investigate them.

> Delay is there because both the machines are on cloud and they are in
> different regions. I was thinking in terms of having multiple connections so
> that the transfer between 2 regions may become faster.

So if you knew what was causing the delay, why are you asking how to
fix it?  Regardless, are you saying that you've got a slow link
between the master & standby, and the latency is what is causing the
delay?

Сообщение: Re: Streaming Replication (Master Delta Sync)
Сообщение: Re: Streaming Replication (Master Delta Sync)