Re: Moving to git

От Valentine Gogichashvili
Тема Re: Moving to git
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

My comment about "thinking about it" was just that, I have
contemplated it. I also have not talked to Kris or Oliver  about
moving to git. So before we get too far down the road I think it's
important to have an open discussion about whether we want to move to
git.

I did one attempt to convince Kris to allow migrating to GIT http://markmail.org/message/diaht5koqznqcmlm

On Fri, 1 Apr 2011, Valentine Gogichashvili wrote:
> Kris, are there any plans to port the project to use git?
Yes, eventually. CVS is certainly ancient and with the server having moved to git, I see no reason for us not to follow. At the same time I don't really feel any sense of urgency because CVS is still functional. I'd say it would be a post 9.1 item to work on. If you followed the amount of work it took the server team to get the cvs->git conversion the way they wanted, it may not be as trivial as you'd hope.
Kris Jurka

So 9.1 is out, and one could think about starting the migration project actually :)

I also still think, that moving to git would be nice, but apperently, the fact, that in theory one can work with diffs, is enough to block the whole idea of migration as soon as there is something more important to do, that will be always true :)

So maybe it makes sence just to start a project of migration to git and prepare some scripts to do it, discuss pros and contras and keep a readonly copy of a git repository that will be fetching all CVS commits and push them to git repository for a while, then see, if it was what we want, and when we have a working thing, just start using it at some point?

-- Valentine Gogichashvili

От: Dave Cramer
Сообщение: Re: Moving to git
От: "Mike Fowler"
Сообщение: Buildfarm: Test errors - StackOverFlowError