Buildfarm: Test errors - StackOverFlowError

От Mike Fowler
Тема Buildfarm: Test errors - StackOverFlowError
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

The buildfarm started failing Friday night/Saturday morning with test
failures. The tests are breaking when running the JDK 1.4 build, but this
does not mean it's only a 1.4 problem (though it could be!) as the build
aborts before running 1.5 and 1.6. The failures are against all 4 PG
branches I build against - 8.4, 9.0, 9.1 and HEAD.

From the logs there appears to be an infinite loop ulimately dying in a
StackOverflowError. The logs are the basically the same for all PG
branches so see
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=piapiac&dt=2011-10-03%2005%3A00%3A01&stg=jdbc-test
for the full trace.

[junit] java.lang.StackOverflowError
[junit]     at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.TypeInfoCache.getPGType(TypeInfoCache.java:270)
[junit]     at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.TypeInfoCache.getSQLType(TypeInfoCache.java:176)
[junit]     at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.getSQLType(AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.java:2776)
[junit]     at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.getString(AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.java:1920)
[junit]     at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.getFixedString(AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.java:2736)
[junit]     at
org.postgresql.jdbc3g.Jdbc3gResultSet.createArray(Jdbc3gResultSet.java:59)
[junit]     at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.getArray(AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.java:325)
[junit]     at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.internalGetObject(AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.java:156)
[junit]     at
org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3ResultSet.internalGetObject(AbstractJdbc3ResultSet.java:38)
[junit]     at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.getString(AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.java:1921)
[junit]     at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.getFixedString(AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.java:2736)
<snip>

Unfortunately I was away for the weekend and didn't notice the breakage
until this morning. I don't have time to investigate and create a fix
right now but I'll look into it later today if no one else has had time to
resolve it in the meantime.

Regards,

--
Mike Fowler
Registered Linux user: 379787

The Call for Papers for is open for FLOSS UK, contact postgresql2012 AT
flossuk DOT org for details.