Re: Implementing a join algorithm in Postgres

От Ravi Kiran
Тема Re: Implementing a join algorithm in Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

I am actually implementing a Power of two choices Algorithm(A join Algorithm used to join three tables based upon the Triangular query).

So for that I have written a C program which takes input from 3 files(1 file for each table) and will join the three tables. The algorithm is working fine outside(I mean outside postgres).

Now I want the same algorithm(The C program which I have written) to behave as a function in Postgres, I want this algorithm to be called when three particular tables have been joined in the database. I want to know where should I include this algorithm, whether in optimizer or executor, and if possible could you be specific, like in which particular program of optimizer or executor. and finally I want to find the time taken by this algorithm and compare it with Nested loop algorithm.

Thank you.