Re: Implementing a join algorithm in Postgres

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Implementing a join algorithm in Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 01:33:57PM +0530, Ravi Kiran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am actually implementing a Power of two choices Algorithm(A join Algorithm
> used to join three tables based upon the Triangular query).
>
> So for that I have written a C program which takes input from 3 files(1 file
> for each table) and will join the three tables. The algorithm is working fine
> outside(I mean outside postgres).
>
> Now I want the same algorithm(The C program which I have written) to behave as
> a function in Postgres, I want this algorithm to be called when three
> particular tables have been joined in the database. I want to know where should
> I include this algorithm, whether in optimizer or executor, and if possible
> could you be specific, like in which particular program of optimizer or
> executor. and finally I want to find the time taken by this algorithm and
> compare it with Nested loop algorithm.

Wow, that is so complex, I am not even sure where to tell you to start.

  + Everyone has their own god. +

От: avpro avpro
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] Re: [GENERAL] Link Office Word form document with data from PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] Re: [GENERAL] Link Office Word form document with data from PostgreSQL