Re: PG_TEST_EXTRA and meson

От Jacob Champion
Тема Re: PG_TEST_EXTRA and meson
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 17, 2024 at 3:34 AM Nazir Bilal Yavuz <byavuz81@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, the previous reply was wrong; I misunderstood what you said.
> Yes, that is how the patch was coded and I agree that getting rid of
> config time PG_TEST_EXTRA could be a better alternative.

Personally I use the config-time PG_TEST_EXTRA extensively. I'd be sad
to see it go, especially if developers are no longer forced to use it.
(In practice, I don't change that setting much after initial
configure, because I use separate worktrees/build directories for
different patchsets. And the reconfiguration is fast when I do need to
modify it.)

Thanks,
--Jacob