Re: PG_TEST_EXTRA and meson

От Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Тема Re: PG_TEST_EXTRA and meson
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Thu, 11 Jul 2024 at 09:30, Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat.oss@gmail.com> wrote:

> In order to run these tests, we have to run meson setup again. There
> are couple of problems with this
> 1. It's not clear why the tests were skipped. Also not clear that we
> have to run meson setup again - from the output alone
> 2. Running meson setup again is costly, every time we have to run a
> new test from PG_TEST_EXTRA.
> 3. Always configuring meson with PG_TEST_EXTRA means we will run heavy
> tests every time meson test is run. I didn't find a way to not run
> these tests as part of meson test once configured this way.
>
> We should either allow make like behaviour or provide a way to not run
> these tests even if configured that way.

I have a two quick solutions to this:

1- More like make behaviour. PG_TEST_EXTRA is able to be set from the
setup command, delete this feature so it could be set only from the
environment. Then use it from the environment.

2- If PG_TEST_EXTRA is set from the setup command, use it from the
setup command and discard the environment variable. If PG_TEST_EXTRA
is not set from the setup command, then use it from the environment.

I hope these patches help.

--
Regards,
Nazir Bilal Yavuz