Re: Add a GUC check hook to ensure summarize_wal cannot be enabled when wal_level is minimal

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Add a GUC check hook to ensure summarize_wal cannot be enabled when wal_level is minimal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 16, 2024 at 1:16 PM Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
> I don't have another solution that can be pushed into v17. I understand
> the risks raised so far, so I'm okay with just pushing the "fast_forward" patch.
> It might be helpful to add a note to the summarize_wal documentation,
> for example, "summarize_wal can be enabled after startup with wal_level = minimal,
> but WAL generated at this level won't be summarized."?

Here is v5. This version differs from v4 in that it updates the
documentation for summarize_wal and pg_get_wal_summarizer_state(). The
previous version made no documentation changes.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Вложения