Re: User defined table is not present in postgresql.

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: User defined table is not present in postgresql.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 3:35 AM, MAJUMDER, SAYAN
<sayan.a.majumder@capgemini.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to postgres and presently migrating from sql server to postgres and
> facing some problems. Kindly help me with this.
>
> We have user defined table in sql server, I am unable to find the same in
> postgres. Postgres have the concept of Types but
>
> The problem is I cannot set the default value of a column in Types available
> in postgres. I will be highly obliged if you solve me through
>
> This.

OK You can define custom types with create type.

You can set a default when you create a table.

Types, by definition, do not include a default value though.

postgres=# create type mytype as (a int, b text);
CREATE TYPE
postgres=# create table mytable (a mytype default (0,'abc'));
CREATE TABLE
postgres=# insert into mytable (a) values (default);
INSERT 0 1
postgres=# select * from mytable;
---------
 (0,abc)