Re: Locks under the hood on re-mat and dropping triggers

От Wells Oliver
Тема Re: Locks under the hood on re-mat and dropping triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
but what I am seeing is this lock even when the trigger and table are not at all used by an entirely separate mat-view being re-materialized.

On Fri, May 20, 2022 at 12:12 AM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
On Thu, 2022-05-19 at 14:37 -0700, Wells Oliver wrote:
> Dropping triggers from some table yields a lock while a concurrent refresh of a materialized
> view in another schema entirely is running-- why is this?

That is because dropping a trigger requires a (brief) ACCESS EXCLUSIVE lock on the table,
which conflicts with all concurrent access to the table.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe