Re: Estimating HugePages Requirements?

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Estimating HugePages Requirements?
Дата
Re: Estimating HugePages Requirements?  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 12:42 AM Don Seiler <don@seiler.us> wrote:

> I'm told other factors contribute to this additional memory requirement, such as max_connections, wal_buffers, etc.
I'mwondering if anyone has been able to come up with a reliable method for determining the HugePages requirements for a
PGcluster based on the GUC values (that would be known at deployment time).

It also depends on modules like pg_stat_statements and their own
configuration.  I think that you can find the required size that your
current configuration will allocate with:

SELECT sum(allocated_size) FROM pg_shmem_allocations ;

От: Don Seiler
Сообщение: Estimating HugePages Requirements?
От: Vijaykumar Jain
Сообщение: Re: Estimating HugePages Requirements?