Re: ERROR: collation "latin1_general_ci" for encoding "UTF8" does not exist

От ss
Тема Re: ERROR: collation "latin1_general_ci" for encoding "UTF8" does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Thanks for the reply Adrian. I have been given mysql schema and i have to create table using postgres..this is the information I have. Could u still help me ? If not then please let me know precisely  that what should I ask the task giver in order to make you understand the question? (If I am right then collation is used to sort the data) ..may be he mean sorting the data on alphabetical order or something similar

On Aug 27, 2015 11:00 PM, "Adrian Klaver-4 [via PostgreSQL]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 08/27/2015 06:47 AM, ss wrote:

> I have started writting query since a day on postGreS my query is :
>
>      CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS utilisateurs (
>        SEQU_NK   SERIAL PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL UNIQUE,
>        UTILISATEUR_NK bigint NOT NULL,
>        NOM varchar(25) COLLATE latin1_general_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
>        PASSE varchar(40) COLLATE latin1_general_ci NOT NULL ,
>        RACCOURCI varchar(5) COLLATE latin1_general_ci NOT NULL,
>        DROITS varchar(4) COLLATE latin1_general_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '....' ,
>
>         CONSTRAINT   UTILISATEUR_NK UNIQUE (UTILISATEUR_NK,NOM)
>      ) ;
>      COMMENT ON COLUMN utilisateurs.PASSE IS 'md5';
>      COMMENT ON COLUMN utilisateurs.DROITS IS 'ceps';
>
> And the error is :
>
>      ERROR:  collation "latin1_general_ci" for encoding "UTF8" does not exist
>      LINE 4:   NOM varchar(25) COLLATE latin1_general_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT...
>                                ^
>      ********** Error **********
>
>      ERROR: collation "latin1_general_ci" for encoding "UTF8" does not exist
>      SQL state: 42704
>      Character: 143
>
> Could some one please help me ?
 From what I can find latin1_general_ci is a MySQL collation:

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/charset-mysql.html

so on that alone I would not expect it to work.

What sort of collation are you trying to achieve?

> --

Adrian Klaver
[hidden email]