Re: Re: ERROR: collation "latin1_general_ci" for encoding "UTF8" does not exist

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Re: ERROR: collation "latin1_general_ci" for encoding "UTF8" does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/27/2015 10:51 AM, ss wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Adrian. I have been given mysql schema and i have
> to create table using postgres..this is the information I have. Could u
> still help me ? If not then please let me know precisely  that what
> should I ask the task giver in order to make you understand the
> question? (If I am right then collation is used to sort the data) ..may
> be he mean sorting the data on alphabetical order or something similar

Well without knowing what the desired end result is, it is hard to
suggest a solution. I can point you at the localization/character
support section of the documentation so you can see how Postgres handles
this:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/charset.html

As to specific questions:

1) What language do they want the data to be collated in?

2) What is the result that is desired?

3) Using psql and doing \l what does it show for the database(s) you are
working with?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com