Re: User documentation vs Official Docs

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: User documentation vs Official Docs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> Politely tell them to buy some of the many well written books that are available on these very topics...
>Fair enough but what about those that cant afford it? I think us in the Western World tend to forget that by >far the majority of users cant afford a latte from Starbucks let alone a 60.00 USD dead tree.

Seriously? So someone can afford a $500 computer ( in addition to accessories ), but they wouldn't be able to afford a $60 book (which BTW, there are several for lesser amount) ?

I have been monitoring this thread for many days now. It originally started as a request for users to write a separate user tutorial. But a tutorial for what? That was never stated.
What exactly is missing from the official documentation? Isn't it the purpose of pgsql-general to answer user questions? Why is there such a great need to create yet a third form to guide
PostgreSQL users, which would only end up being included in a google search anyway, with no guarantee of priority?

Сообщение: Re: functions with side effect
Сообщение: Re: functions with side effect