Re: User documentation vs Official Docs

От Ken Tanzer
Тема Re: User documentation vs Official Docs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 11:35 AM Melvin Davidson <melvin6925@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Politely tell them to buy some of the many well written books that are available on these very topics...
>Fair enough but what about those that cant afford it? I think us in the Western World tend to forget that by >far the majority of users cant afford a latte from Starbucks let alone a 60.00 USD dead tree.

Seriously? So someone can afford a $500 computer ( in addition to accessories ), but they wouldn't be able to afford a $60 book (which BTW, there are several for lesser amount) ?

Seriously?  With global median household income at less than $200 / week (and ranging by country from $2 to $400)[1], you can't understand that $60 could be a barrier for lots of people? And computers can be had for far less than $500, even before you get to used or refurbished.  Then again people might use shared, university or library computers.  You've nicely illustrated Josh's point which you yourself quoted:  "I think us in the Western World tend to forget that by far the majority of users cant afford a latte from Starbucks let alone a 60.00 USD dead tree."

My comment, BTW, applies to all versions of Postgresql, whether current, unsupported or yet-to-be-developed.

Cheers,
Ken

--
AGENCY Software
A Free Software data system

learn more about AGENCY or
follow the discussion.

Сообщение: Re: User documentation vs Official Docs
Сообщение: Re: User documentation vs Official Docs