Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices
Список pgsql-general
>The "serial" key is the default primary key amongst every single web development environment in existence.

Methinks thou doest take too much for granted.

Yes, serial has it's purpose, but I sincerely doubt it is "the default primary key amongst every single web development environment in existence"
I am not sure where you get your stats from. Probably you are referring to "Ruby on Rails". IMHO, RoR is something which has made it easier to code Web apps, at the cost of developers not needing to use brain power. In any case, the idea is to develop good database design. not web apps.