Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices
Список pgsql-general
On 08/24/2015 08:56 AM, Melvin Davidson wrote:
>  >The "serial" key is the default primary key amongst every single web
> development environment in existence.
>
> Methinks thou doest take too much for granted.
>
> Yes, serial has it's purpose, but I sincerely doubt it is "the default
> primary key amongst every single web development environment in existence"
> I am not sure where you get your stats from. Probably you are referring
> to "Ruby on Rails". IMHO,

Rails
Anything that uses Hibernate (Java)
Django
Every PHP framework
Pyramid
Anything that uses sql-alchemy

I can go on for miles with this. It is true that a lot of these support
non-serial keys. It is also true that is not the default.

JD

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices