Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>ON UPDATE CASCADE ?

I believe he's talking about triggers.

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 8:00 PM, Berend Tober <btober@computer.org> wrote:
Melvin Davidson wrote:
9.
 >1) What happens if someone mis-types the account-id?
 >     To correct that, you also need to correct the FK field in the
other dozen tables.
 >2) What happens when your company starts a new project (or buys a
    I would not consider the general use of natural primary keys to be
    best practice.
    Let's assume your account_id field is used as a foreign key in a
    dozen other tables.
    1) What happens if someone mis-types the account-id?
          To correct that, you also need to correct the FK field in the
    other dozen tables.

... ON UPDATE CASCADE ?

--
Melvin Davidson

От: Florin Andrei
Сообщение: Re: master/master replication with load balancer in front
От: CaT
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices