Re: master/master replication with load balancer in front

От Florin Andrei
Тема Re: master/master replication with load balancer in front
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2015-08-22 03:05, Chris Mair wrote:

> a few keywords in your mail hint at the fact you're using AWS?
>
> If that's the case, you might want to look into their managed
> PostgreSQL hosting: it's called Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL and
> supports failover ("Multi AZ") and master-slave replication
> ("Read Replicas").

Yes, it's AWS. A few issues with that: lack of master/master support
which you've mentioned, and we have longer term plans to use other cloud
providers as well - so I'm trying to avoid provider lock-in (whenever it
makes sense to do so).

> As load balancer, PgPool-II might be what you're looking for.

Would there be any issues if I just used an ELB pointing at two masters?
Let's say I use sticky sessions to avoid clients switching masters too
much.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/