Re: Three Variations of postgresql.conf

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: Three Variations of postgresql.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-general
To clarify.

To see the ACTUAL clusters installed, and the LIVE config directories, you use
pg_lsclusters.

pg_ctlclusters then can control each individual cluster

So, for example, since apparently you have the 9.4 version of PostgreSQL,
pg_ctlcluster 9.4 main status
would probably show you that the 9.4 version of PostgreSQL is active and will also show you the command line arguments used to start it.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 11:29 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On 11/12/2015 08:07 AM, Melvin Davidson wrote:
>> In Ubuntu 14.10, there are three variations of the postgresql.conf
>> configuration file, as follows:
>>
>> /var/lib/postgresql/9.4/main/postgresql.auto.conf
>> /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/postgresql.conf
>> /etc/postgresql/9.4/main/postgresql.conf

FWIW, I would imagine that /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/postgresql.conf is
a configuration file for the system's tmp-file-cleaner daemon
(probably telling it not to flush some postgres-related files),
not a PG config file at all.  If you look into it you'll likely
find that it doesn't look anything like PG configuration data.

As already noted, postgresql.auto.conf is not for hand-editing.

Melvin Davidson

Сообщение: Re: Three Variations of postgresql.conf
Сообщение: Re: Three Variations of postgresql.conf