Re: how to shrink pg_attribute table in some database

От Artem Tomyuk
Тема Re: how to shrink pg_attribute table in some database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
There was broken query that every time was creating temp table and than was trying to insert into this table some data in another query but within single connection, what happened next that second query was unable to be executed because of syntax error (yes, human factor), this query was repeated every minute by cron 24/7.

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 06:32:25PM +0300, Artem Tomyuk wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> as we understand there is a lack of autovacuum max workers in
> postgresql.conf.

that is a contributing factor. but the sheer size of this table means
that something is doing something very bad in your application.

> One question more, what impact would be on streaming replication? Will full
> vacuum create extra wal files during full vacuum?

Yes it will - in the size of new table.

Best regards,

depesz

Сообщение: Re: how to shrink pg_attribute table in some database
Сообщение: Re: how to shrink pg_attribute table in some database